Wednesday, December 3, 2008

I'm Only Sayin'...

I've stated elsewhere that the color and race of any United States President doesn't make the least bit of difference to me, BUT it does to so many other people that I cannot imagine how anyone could get this Land-of-Freedom-Gone-Mad country back on track.

That being said, Mr. Obama is in (or will be in a bit over a month), done is done and I HOPE the man manages a decent job based on the mess he's inheriting. I certainly don't attribute the Messianic qualities I've heard bandied about for nearly two years, but I'm hoping he's no Satan either.

Either way, I suspect he'd find this both embarrassing and sad, partially an illustration of just how low America has fallen, partially as the perfect illustration of why there's so damned much work to be done.

Perhaps this is merely a small snapshot of my part of the country; if so, it's nigh perfect to showcase for the world at large the honest-to-God general population in the area in which I live. I'd venture to say that an easy 65 percent of the locals fall well within this category. Then again, INTERnationally, the United States is significantly lower in the educational rankings than one should expect, while nationally, Kentucky is third from the bottom -- meaning we're not even the worst this country has to offer!

This puts the educational level of the general populace in KY on an approximate equal footing with certain third world countries portrayed in charity videos.

And perhaps, as I said, it's just a way for me to describe what the hell's going on in America at large today.

Found on a profile (seen many, many like it) for locals in my area. I did not change anything, including the capital lettering; there was no editing -- this is merely typical:

AM LOOKING 4 NO LIER'S AND NO GAME'S IF U PLAY GAMES R LIE DO NOT HOT BOX BUT IF U DO NOT PLAY GAME'S THAN HOT BOX ME..WE MADE HISTORY WHEN OBAMA GOT IN 4 A BLACK MAN 2 BE PRENIDENT...I THOUGHT I WOUD NEVER THAT HAPPEN BUT BY GOD'S WILL I DID.....


I will be building the compound as soon as possible.

Thinkers are welcome. There will be a quiz.

No comments: